Events, Funding, and More
Events and Conferences
- Parks, recreation and Outside Play – Wellness Summit. October 9, 2019 at 9am ET – Raleigh, NC. Register NLT October 4, 2019
- International Council on Active Aging Conference. October 10-12, 2019 – Orlando, FL.
- National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) Annual Meeting. October 16-17, 2019 – Albuquerque, NM.
- Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health Conference. October 16-19, 2019 – Savannah, Ga
- Lifestyle Medicine Conference 2019 – October 27-30, 2019
- American Public Health Association Annual Meeting and Expo. November 2-6, 2019 – Philadelphia, PA.
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. November 3-7, 2019 – Las Vegas, Nevada.
- ACR/ARP Annual Meeting. November 8-13, 2019 – Atlanta, GA.
- Movement is Life: 2019 National Caucus Addressing Musculoskeletal Health Disparities. November 14-15. National Harbor, MD.
- SICOT 40th Orthopaedic World Congress. December 4-7, 2019 – Muscat, Oman
- Active Living Conference 2020. February 2-5, 2020 – Orlando, Florida.
- American College of Rheumatology. 27-29, March, 2020 – New Orleans, Louisiana?
- OARSI 2020 World Congress. April 30 – 3 May, 2020 – Vienna, Austria
- European Congress of Rheumatology (EULAR). 3-6 June, 2020 – Frankfurt, Germany
- EFORT Annual Scientific Congress. 10-12 June, 2020 – Vienna, Austria
- American Society for Bone Mineral Research (ASBMR) Annual Meeting. 11-14 September, 2020 – Seattle, Washington
- Fragility Fracture Network (FFN) Congress. 24-26 September, 2020 – Toronto, Canada
- Linking Science & Social Justice: Health Education as a Catalyst for Change Annual Conference – March 17-20, 2020 – Atlanta, GA
- Evanston Community foundation, In partnership with the Mammel Foundation: Root2Fruit Grants. Supports strengthening the organization and long-term sustainability of small to mid-sized organizations in Evanston, IL. that provide needed services to residents of the community. Deadline October 15, 2019
- Call for Applications: RWJF wants to hear how your community is working at the forefront of advancing health, opportunity, and equity for all. Up to 10 communities will each be awarded the $25,000 RWJF 2020 Culture of Health Prize and the chance to share their accomplishments and lessons learned with the nation. Deadline November 4, 2019, 3 pm ET.
- RWJF Health Policy Fellows program provides the nation’s most comprehensive learning experience at the nexus of health, science, and policy in Washington, DC. Deadline November 6, 2019, 3pm ET
- America Walks Opens Applications for 2019 Community Change Grants program will award grantees $1,500 in community stipends for projects related to creating healthy, active, and engaged places to live, work, and play. Deadline November 8, 2019 at 5pm ET
- Mechanisms Mediating Osteoarthritis in Aging (R21). Also available as an R01 – Exploratory/Developmental applications to accelerate the characterization of new paradigms to test hypotheses that will lead to an improved understanding of the mechanisms of initiation and progression of osteoarthritis and the role of aging in the process. Standard dates apply.
- Research Grants Using the Resources from the Osteoarthritis Initiative (OAI) (R21). Also available as an R01 – Applications for research awards that are focused on the use of the Osteoarthritis Initiative (OAI) database, clinical data, and images. Applications submitted to this FOA should be exploratory and novel and are not required to be hypothesis-driven in nature. Standard dates apply.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: Evidence for Action: Investigator-Initiated Research to Build a Culture of Health: $2.2 million in grants for research on the impacts of innovative programs, policies, and partnerships on health determinants and outcomes. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Grant periods may be for durations of up to 36 months, with no specific range for allowable budget requests.
- Grants.gov-Funding Opportunities for Osteoarthritis
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding opportunities
- Sanofi Webinar: “Is it Possible to Harmonize Different International Guidelines for Knee OA?” – October 8, 2019, 12pm ET
- OAAA Webinar: Improving Health Through the Y’s National Network of Community-Based Programs with Senior Director of Evidence-based Health Interventions, Heather Hodge – October 16, 2019, 12pm ET.
- American college of Lifestyle Medicine Webinar: Optimizing Function and Physical Activity Among Older Adults. – October 17, 2019 at 12pm CT
- RWJF Webinar: Exploring Action Learning Guides: Your Roadmaps to Action – October 22, 2019, 2pm CT
- America Walks Webinar: Walking Towards Justice Discussion: Addressing Ableism in Your Built Environment – October 29, 2019 at 1pm ET
- ACE Webinar: Training Women for Optimal Health and Performance – October 30, 2019 at 11am PT
- OAAA Webinar: Improving health Through the Y’s National Network of Community-Based Programs with Sr. Director Heather Hodge – October 16, 2019 at 12pm ET.
- America Walks Webinar: Beyond the Physical: Mental and Social Benefits of Walkable Communities – November 13, 2019 at 2pm ET
- America Walks Webinar: Places for People: Highlights from the National Walking Summit -Columbus – December 11, 2019 at 2pm ET
ACE Webinar: Foundations of Lifestyle Medicine – December 18, 2019 at 11am ET.
- OARSI drafted a group’s vision statement, goals, objectives, and potential activities for their Discussion Group on Osteoarthritis Prevention Related to Sport, Exercise, and Physical Activity (OA Prevention SEPA). Please complete the brief survey below by clicking on the link to assess your support for the vision, goals, and objectives of this Discussion Group as well as activities you would like to be involved with. https://forms.gle/YkJmSt81B9DodQj78
- The Centers of Disease and Prevention (CDC) is calling on authors to submit manuscripts on Preventing Chronic Disease (PCD). The paper will describe innovative and effective work to improve population health in diverse settings worldwide. Around the globe, the burden of chronic disease is a major contributor to poor health outcomes, reduction in quality of living, and an increase in health care costs. Manuscripts submitted for this collection require prior approval of the abstract by the Editor in Chief. Abstracts are due on or before November 30, 2019. Authors who receive approval of their abstract should submit their final manuscript to PCD on or before September 30, 2020. Learn more.
- The OAAA is proudly partnering with The American College of Lifestyle Medicine to offer 10% registration discount at lmconference.org. PROMOCODE: OAAA10. This CME accredited event features the foremost experts in Lifestyle Medicine – Sessions on addressing chronic disease with evidence-based therapies such as diet, exercise, sleep and stress. Oct 27-30 in Orlando, FL.
- National Institute of Nursing Research. NINR’s Partnerships Program 2020 Application Period Now Open. Application Deadline December 5, 2019
- Check out the New Mental Health Infographic from Healthy People 2020. Each month, an infographic is released with the latest data related to Healthy People 2020. Leading Health Indicator (LHI) topic. These infographics show progress toward Healthy People 2020 LHI targets — and show where there’s still work to be done.