Events, Funding, and More
Events and Conferences
- Association of Women in Rheumatology (AWIR) National Conference. August 16-19, 2018, Hilton Head Island, SC.
- National Recreation and Parks Association Annual Conference. September 25-27, 2018, Indianapolis, IN.
- International Council on Active Aging Conference. October 18 – 20, 2018, Long Beach, California.
- American College of Rheumatology (ACR) and The Association of Rheumatology Professionals (ARHP) Annual Meeting. October 19-24, 2018, Chicago, Illinois.
- APHA “Creating the Healthiest Nation: Health Equity Now”. November 10-14 2018, San Diego, CA.
- Obesity Week. November 11-15, 2018, Nashville, Tennessee.
- 29th Annual Art & Science of Health Promotion Conference. April 1-5, 2019, Hilton Head Island, SC.
- Osteoarthritis Research Society International (OARSI). May 2-5, 2019 – Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting. May 28 – June 1, 2019 – Orlando, Florida.
- Systems for Action: Systems and Services Research for a Culture of Health – A signature research program that builds a Culture of Health by rigorously testing new ways of connecting the nation’s fragmented medical, social, and public health systems. Deadline: October 10, 2018.
- Mechanisms Mediating Osteoarthritis in Aging (R21). Also available as an R01 – Exploratory/Developmental applications to accelerate the characterization of new paradigms to test hypotheses that will lead to an improved understanding of the mechanisms of initiation and progression of osteoarthritis and the role of aging in the process. Standard dates apply.
- Research Grants Using the Resources from the Osteoarthritis Initiative (OAI) (R21). Also available as an R01 – Applications for research awards that are focused on the use of the Osteoarthritis Initiative (OAI) database, clinical data and images. Applications submitted to this FOA should be exploratory and novel and are not required to be hypothesis-driven in nature. Standard dates apply.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: Evidence for Action: Investigator-Initiated Research to Build a Culture of Health: $2.2 million in grants for research on the impacts of innovative programs, policies, and partnerships on health determinants and outcomes. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Grant periods may be for durations of up to 36 months, with no specific range for allowable budget requests.
- Grants.gov-Funding Opportunities for Osteoarthritis
- NIH Webinar: Approaches to Evidence Synthesis in Systematic Reviews of Public Health Interventions Methods and Experiences of the Community Preventive Services Task Force. Presentation by David Hopkins, M.D., M.P.H. Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 1:00–2:00 p.m. ET.
- BMC Musculoskeletal Disorder is launching a call for papers ‘Osteoarthritis – from basic and translational approaches to clinical practice’