Events, Funding, and More
Events and Conferences
- ACSM’s 67th Annual Meeting. May 26-30, 2020 – San Francisco, California
- National Network of Public Health Institutes: Call for abstracts for the 20th Annual Health Improvement Training (PHIT), Optimizing Your Resources through Performance Improvements. June 2-3, 2020. – San Antonio, Texas
- European Congress of Rheumatology (EULAR). June 3-6, 2020 – Frankfurt, Germany
- National Council on Aging (NCOA) Age+Action Conference. June 8-10, 2020 – Dallas, Texas. Deadlines for proposals on January 10, 2020.
- European Federation of National Association of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFORT) Annual Scientific Congress. June 10-12, 2020 – Vienna, Austria
- 28th Annual Congress for New Urbanism. June 10-13, 2020. Minneapolis, Minnesota
- HRSA Healthy Grants Workshop. June 17-18, 2020, in Chicago, Illinois
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) Annual Conference: Raising the Reach of Public Health Conference. July 7-9, 2020 – Denver, Colorado
- HRSA Healthy Grant Workshop. July 29-30, 2020 – Seattle, Washington
- National Medical Association calls for abstracts for NMA 2020 Annual Convention. August 1-5, 2020 – Atlanta, Ga.
- Association of Clinicians for Underserved (ACU). Call for abstracts for the 2020 ACU Annual Conference, Connecting Advocacy, Leadership, and Service. August 2-5, 2020 – Washington, DC.
- The National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD): Health Disparities Research Institute (HDRI). August 3-7, 2020 – Bethesda, Maryland
- 2020 National Ryan White Conference on HIV Care & Treatment. August 11-14, 2020 – Washington, DC
- Society of Refugee Health Conference: North American Refugee Health Conference. August 16-18, 2020 – Cleveland, Ohio
- National Indian Council on Aging (NICOA): 2020 American Indian Elders Conference, Resilience for Tomorrow…Together. August 17-20, 2020 – Reno, Nevada.
- EcoAmerica: 9th Annual American Climate Leadership summit, Ambition – Restoration – Justice. August 26-27, 2020 – Washington, DC
- American Society for Bone Mineral Research (ASBMR) Annual Meeting. September 11-14, 2020 – Seattle
- 9th Fragility Fracture Network (FFN) Congress. September 24-26, 2020 – Toronto, Canada
- HHS and NIH: Native American Research Centers for Health. Deadline LOI May 24, 2020
- RWJF: Global Ideas for U.S. Solutions: Cities Taking Action to Address Health, Equity, and Climate Change. Deadline May 28, 2020
- NIH: Addressing Racial Disparities in Maternal Mortality and Morbidity. Deadline May 29, 2020
- NIH: Helping Hands Grants Program. May 31, 2020
- OSTLTS: Supporting Tribal Public Health Capacity in Coronavirus Preparedness and Response. Deadline May 31, 2020
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services: Minority Research Grant Program. Deadline June 2, 2020
- NIMHD: Mechanisms and Consequences of Sleep Disparities in the U.S. Deadline June 14, 2020, by 5pm
- NIMHD: Administrative Supplements to Support Resource Hubs to Promote Multi-Sectoral Rural Health Disparities Research. Expiration Date June 16, 2020
- NIH: Native American Research Centers for Health (NARCH).Deadline June 24, 2020
- The Donaghue Foundation: Another Look 2020: Research to Improve Health for Older Adults in Long Term Care Facilities. Application Deadline June 24, 2020
- Rheumatology Research Foundation (RRF): Notice of Special Interest to highlight the availability of funds for projects exploring the relationships between rheumatic and musculoskeletal disease and SARS-CoV-2. LOI Deadline June 1, 2020, Deadline July 1, 2020
- NIMHD: Building Population Health Research Capacity in the U.S. Affiliated Pacific Islands Open Date (Earliest Submission Date: July 15, 2020).
- NIMHD: Notice of Special Interest: Competitive and Administrative Supplements for the Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Minority Health and Health Disparities. Deadline May 1, 2021
- NIMHD: Notice of Special Interest: Health Services Research on Minority and Health Disparities. Deadline September 8, 2022
- RWJF: Pioneering Ideas: Exploring the Future to Build a Culture of Health. Deadline Open
- Evidence for Action: Investigator-Initiated Research to Build a Culture of Health. Evidence for Action (E4A), a national program of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), funds research that expands the evidence needed to build a Culture of Health. Deadline OPEN
- NIH: Mechanisms Mediating Osteoarthritis in Aging (R21). Also available as an R01 –Exploratory/Developmental applications to accelerate the characterization of new paradigms to test hypotheses that will lead to an improved understanding of the mechanisms of initiation and progression of osteoarthritis and the role of aging in the process. Standard dates apply.
- NIH: Research Grants Using the Resources from the Osteoarthritis Initiative (OAI) (R21). Also available as an R01 – Applications for research awards that are focused on the use of the Osteoarthritis Initiative (OAI) database, clinical data, and images. Applications submitted to this FOA should be exploratory and novel and are not required to be hypothesis-driven in nature. Standard dates apply.
- Grants.gov-Funding Opportunities for Osteoarthritis
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding opportunities
Miss a webinar? View our archive on YouTube
- NEW! HHS Webinar: A Comprehensive Approach to Preventing Suicide: The Role of Law, Policy, and Social Determinants of Health May 26, 2020, at 12:30pm ET
- NEW! MBDA Webinar: Creating Growth & Success: Strategies for Your Comeback May 27, 2020, at 1pm ET
- ASA/AARP: Understanding Social Isolation Series Part 1: What it is, Why it Matters and How it’s Measured May 27, 2020, at 1pm ET
- ASA/AARP: Understanding Social Isolation Series Part 2: Interventions and Best Practices in Healthcare and the Community. May 28, 2020, at 1pm ET
- NEW! America Walks Webinar: Research in Action: Trends in How Municipalities are Addressing Increased Demand for Safe Public Space May 28, 2020, at 2pm ET
- HSS Webinar: I have Arthritis: How Can I Treat It? May 28, 2020, at 4pm ET
- America Walks: Enhancing Walkable Spaces through Public Art June 10, 2020, at 2pm ET
- OAAA Webinar: Mechanisms for post-traumatic osteoarthritis development: A behavioral and biomechanical case for underloading June 24, 2020, at 12pm ET
- University of Illinois Extension: Inflammation & Arthritis Webinar September 24, 2020, at 1pm ET
- COVID-19 is severely impacting underserved communities. To highlight this crisis, Movement Is Life has created new podcasts focusing on the pandemic.
- In Episode 12 of the “Live YES with Arthritis” podcast from the Arthritis Foundation, Dr. Leigh Callahan talks about the many benefits of walking and shares strategies for taking the first step by using the Walk With Ease program.
- Check out the Joint Action’s latest podcast episode, “Is osteoarthritis an inevitable part of aging?” featuring Dr. Richard Loeser from UNC Thurston Arthritis Research Center.
- Alliance for Balanced Pain Management. Osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis: Know Your Rights
- The Arthritis Foundation’s webpage, Coronavirus, and Arthritis: What You Need to Know, is updated regularly with information from top experts.
- The COVID-19 Global Rheumatology Alliance developed a registry for health care providers to enter data about rheumatology patients infected by the coronavirus.