Events, Funding, and More
Events and Conferences
- Athletic Trainers’ Osteoarthritis Consortium (ATOAC) Annual Meeting. June 24, 2019, – Las Vegas, Nevada.
- NATA Clinical Symposia & AT Expo. June 24-27, 2019 – Las Vegas, NV.
- AF-OREF Inaugural OA Fit Bootcamp. September 19-21, 2019 – Rosemont, IL
- Health, Wellness and Society Conference. September 19-20, 2019 – Berkeley, CA
- International Council on Active Aging Conference. October 10-12, 2019 – Orlando, FL.
- American Public Health Association Annual Meeting and Expo. November 2-6, 2019 – Philadelphia, PA.
- Research in Transforming Health and Health Care Systems – The goal of this funding opportunity is to generate timely evidence on the experiences of states, MCOs, Medicaid enrollees, and community-based organizations in order to inform future decision-making by state and federal policymakers and other key stakeholders. Deadline – July 2, 2019.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding opportunities
- Mechanisms Mediating Osteoarthritis in Aging (R21). Also available as an R01 – Exploratory/Developmental applications to accelerate the characterization of new paradigms to test hypotheses that will lead to an improved understanding of the mechanisms of initiation and progression of osteoarthritis and the role of aging in the process. Standard dates apply.
- Research Grants Using the Resources from the Osteoarthritis Initiative (OAI) (R21). Also available as an R01 – Applications for research awards that are focused on the use of the Osteoarthritis Initiative (OAI) database, clinical data, and images. Applications submitted to this FOA should be exploratory and novel and are not required to be hypothesis-driven in nature. Standard dates apply.
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation: Evidence for Action: Investigator-Initiated Research to Build a Culture of Health: $2.2 million in grants for research on the impacts of innovative programs, policies, and partnerships on health determinants and outcomes. Applications accepted on a rolling basis. Grant periods may be for durations of up to 36 months, with no specific range for allowable budget requests.
- Grants.gov-Funding Opportunities for Osteoarthritis
- AAOS Webinar: Meniscus Root Tears: Current Concepts and Treatment in 2019 – June 17, 2019 at 7:15 – 8:15pm CT.
- APHA Webinar: Walking the Walk: Applying Positive Youth Development Approaches to Adolescent Health – June 18, 2019 at 12pm ET.
- OAAA Webinar: Knee Osteoarthritis and the Risk of Medically Treated Injurious Falls among Older Adults: the Health ABC Study – June 19, 2019 at 12pm ET.
- The NIH Clinical Center’s Introduction to the Principles and Practice of Clinical Research (IPPCR) is offering a free, self-paced online course that trains registrants on how to effectively and safely conduct clinical research. The course focuses on the spectrum of clinical research and the research process by highlighting biostatistical and epidemiologic methods, study design, protocol preparation, patient monitoring, quality assurance, ethical and legal issues, and much more. Participants may access lectures at any time during the course session which runs from October 1, 2018-June 30, 2019.