Events, Funding, and More
Events and Conferences
- Active Living Conference 2020. February 2-5, 2020 – Orlando, Florida.
- Sankofa Collaborative: A Paradigm Shift 2.0 Conference, Black Women Confronting HIV, Health and Social Justice. February 6-7, 2020 – Atlanta, Georgia
- Latino Commission on AIDS: Registration is open for the 2020 National Hispanic/Latinx Health Leadership Summit, Setting our National Latinx Health Agenda. March 2-3, 2020, Deadline for registration is February 29, 2020 – Washington, DC
- America Walks is hosting a National Walking Summit. March 10-11, 2020 – St. Louis, Missouri
- NIHB: 11th Annual National Tribal Conference. March 17-19, 2020 – Omaha, Neb. Deadline for proposals December 15, 2019
- Linking Science & Social Justice: Health Education as a Catalyst for Change Annual Conference – March 17-20, 2020 – Atlanta, GA
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Annual Meeting. March 24-28, 2020 – Orlando, Florida
- 18th Open Forum for Quality Improvement (QI) and Innovation. National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) seeks abstracts on performance improvement and public health innovation from public health practitioners willing to share highlights, challenges, and lessons learned. March 26-27, 2020 -Kansas City, Missouri.
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO): Call for abstracts for the NACCHO 360: Raising the Reach of Public Health conference. March 29 – April 1, 2020 – Denver, Colorado
- Southern Plains Tribal Health Board and the 7th Generation Conference: Reclaiming Healthy Narratives in Indian Country. April 14-16, 2020 – Durant, Oklahoma.
- National Hispanic Medical Association (NHMA) Annual Conference. April 30- May 3, 2020 – Washington D.C.
- OARSI 2020 World Congress. April 30 – 3 May 2020 – Vienna, Austria
- American College of Preventive Medicine (ACPM) 2020. May 14-17, 2020 – Denver, Colorado
- ACSM’s 67th Annual Meeting. May 26-30, 2020 – San Francisco, California
- European Congress of Rheumatology (EULAR). June 3-6, 2020 – Frankfurt, Germany
- National Council on Aging (NCOA) Age+Action Conference. June 8-10, 2020 – Dallas, Texas. Deadlines for proposals on January 10, 2020.
- European Federation of National Association of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFORT) Annual Scientific Congress. June 10-12, 2020 – Vienna, Austria
- Call for Proposals for CNU28 Twin Cities. June 10-13, 2020. Minneapolis, Minnesota
- National Indian Council on Aging (NCOA): 2020 American Indian Elders Conference, Resilience for Tomorrow…Together. August 17-20, 2020 – Reno, Nevada. Deadline for proposals February 1, 2020
- American Society for Bone Mineral Research (ASBMR) Annual Meeting. September 11-14, 2020 – Seattle
- Fragility Fracture Network (FFN) Congress. September 24-26, 2020 – Toronto, Canada
- RWJF: Policies for a Healthier, More Equitable New Jersey 2019 Call for Proposals. The goal of the initiative is to advance the Roadmap’s statewide policy recommendations through a range of strategies, including, but not limited to policy advocacy and analysis; strategic communications; community organizing and resident engagement; and technical assistance provided to safe agencies. Deadline January 14, 2020, at 3pm ET
- American Medical Association Foundation: 2019-2020 Community Health Grants. Supports community-based organizations, including free health clinics, that target the prevention and reduction of type 2 diabetes and hypertension. LOI Deadline January 17, 2020
- The Seattle Foundation: Neighbor to Neighbor (N2N) Fund. Supports grassroots efforts in South Seattle, White Center and Kent that increase the engagement of community members affected by poverty and racial disparities. Deadline January 30, 2020
- Community Health Foundation: 2020-21 Grants Program. Supports non-profits in the Ohio counties of Clark and Champaign that work within the areas of healthy living, reproductive health, mental health, substance abuse, and safety net services. Deadline January 31, 2020, at 5PM ET
- HHS/NIH: Research grant. Intervention Research to Improve Native American Health (RO1 Clinical Trial Optional. Deadline for LOI April 14, 2020
- Emotional Well-Being: High Priority Research Networks (US24, Clinical Trial Optional). An invitation for researchers to submit applications that focus on developing resources by refining and testing key concepts that will advance and further support the study of emotional well-being. Deadline April 22, 2020
- Evidence for Action: Investigator-Initiated Research to Build a Culture of Health. Evidence for Action (E4A), a national program of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), funds research that expands the evidence needed to build a Culture of Health. Deadline OPEN
- NIMHD Supports Research on Building Population Health Capacity in the USAPI Open Date (Earliest Submission Dae): June 15, 2020. Application Deadline July 15, 2020, 5pm ET
- Mechanisms Mediating Osteoarthritis in Aging (R21). Also available as an R01 –Exploratory/Developmental applications to accelerate the characterization of new paradigms to test hypotheses that will lead to an improved understanding of the mechanisms of initiation and progression of osteoarthritis and the role of aging in the process. Standard dates apply.
- Research Grants Using the Resources from the Osteoarthritis Initiative (OAI) (R21). Also available as an R01 – Applications for research awards that are focused on the use of the Osteoarthritis Initiative (OAI) database, clinical data, and images. Applications submitted to this FOA should be exploratory and novel and are not required to be hypothesis-driven in nature. Standard dates apply.
- Grants.gov-Funding Opportunities for Osteoarthritis
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding opportunities
- American Society on Aging. Innovative Approaches to Reach Underserved Population Living with Dementia – January 8, 2020, at 1pm ET
- America Walks Webinar: Walking into the New Year – January 8, 2020, at 2pm ET, 11am Pacific
- OAAA: A Roundtable discussion on sports and osteoarthritis for graduate students and early-career researchers – with Dr. Nirmala Perera and Prof. Alan Silman, January 15, 2020, at 12pm ET
- Rural Health Research Gateway. Rural Disparities in Health and Healthcare by Race and Ethnicity – January 23, 2020, at 1pm ET
- Trust for America’s Health (TFAH)L State of Obesity 2019 Better Policies for a Healthier America. January 29, 2020, at 2:30pm ET
- National Council on Aging: Developing Relationships: Fund Development and Strategic Partnerships – January 30, 2020, at 2pm ET
- America Walks Webinar: Walkability for All: Putting Equity into Practice – February 12, 2020, at 2pm ET
- America Walks Webinar: Walkability at the Ballot Box – March 11, 2020, at 2pm ET
- OAAA: The Role of Weight Bias on Health Outcomes with Dr. Fatima Cody Stanford –March 18, 2020, at 12pm ET
- The HHS/NIH, National Eye Institute (NEI) recognizes January as National Glaucoma Awareness Month.
Trust for America’s Health: New report. Addressing a Crisis: Cross-Sector Strategies to Prevent Adolescent Substance Use and Suicide. This report presents data on the link between substance use and suicide among adolescents, particularly among American Indian/Alaska Native youth, and provides prevention and policy recommendation.
- OARSI drafted a group’s vision statement, goals, objectives, and potential activities for their Discussion Group on Osteoarthritis Prevention Related to Sport, Exercise, and Physical Activity (OA Prevention SEPA). Please complete the brief survey below by clicking on the link to assess your support for the vision, goals, and objectives of this Discussion Group as well as activities you would like to be involved with. https://forms.gle/YkJmSt81B9DodQj78
- HHS/Centers Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): New report: Reported Importance and Access to Health Care Providers Who Understand or Share Cultural Characteristics with Their Patients Among Adults, by Race and Ethnicity. Read full report (PDF)
- Check out the New Mental Health Infographic from Healthy People 2020. Each month, an infographic is released with the latest data related to Healthy People 2020. Leading Health Indicator (LHI) topic. These infographics show progress toward Healthy People 2020 LHI targets — and show where there’s still work to be done.