Spread the Message
Join us in Standing Up 2 OA!
The first and only national campaign that focuses on preventing the onset and progression of osteoarthritis (OA)
Help Us StandUp2OA by spreading the message
You can help us raise awareness of OA and effective prevention strategies by posting the following information on your social media channels. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram to stay up-to-date on the latest news and connect with other advocates for osteoarthritis.
How do you StandUp2OA? Use the #StandUp2OA to promote evidence-based public health interventions that can help prevent and manage #osteoarthritis. Share your story using #StandUp2OA!
- @OAactionallianc mission is to increase awareness, education and resources for #osteoarthritis to improve the lives of millions who live with it #standup2oa
- We #StandUp2OA because #osteoarthritis affects over 30 million people and is a leading cause of disability in the US. This burden on our health care system and economy will continue to increase as the population ages. www.standup2oa.org
- The Burden of #Osteoarthritis is more than just the pain a person feels, it costs $2,017 avg a year to treat and $80 bill in lost work earnings. Learn ways you can take action and advocate #StandUp2OA www.standup2oa.org
- #Exercise and #selfmanagement interventions can help people with #osteoarthritis improve their joints symptoms and their mood. Communities, businesses and healthcare systems can make an impact by providing these programs www.standup2oa.org #StandUp2OA
- Weight management is key to prevention – DYK 11 pounds of weight loss can reduce #osteoarthritis risk by half? For more tips: https://t.co/0QCZPrCuiP #StandUp2OA
- Weight management is key to prevention – DYK every 1 pound of weight-loss = 4lbs of relief on knee joints http://bit.ly/2w4PSLd #StandUp2OA
- Weight gain is common with age and adds load to painful joints. Manage your weight with diet & exercise to reduce joint pain http://unc.live/1UbQzMI #StandUp2OA
- Losing weight can help you reduce joint pain, avoid joint surgery and become more active again. Learn how you can #StandUp2OA http://unc.live/1UbQzMI
- Staying in the game is a ‘joint’ effort! Train smartly for sports with best practices that will reduce risk of lower limb injury today and lower osteoarthritis risk later in life. Learn how you can #StandUp2OA http://unc.live/2sjLbLZ
- Coaches, players, parents #DYK that osteoarthritis can develop as early as 10-15 yrs after knee injury? Best practice training strategies can reduce injury risk. Learn more http://unc.live/2sjLbLZ Together, we can #StandUp2OA
- Injury prevention is important at all ages and stages whether for youth athletes reducing lower limb injury risk or adults preventing injury from falls. Learn how you can #StandUp2OA www.standup2oa.org
- You can #StandUp2OA by exercising 2-3x a week for 2.5 hours total. Physical activity helps to manage pain, improve mobility, muscle strength, independence and even mood. Learn more: www.standup2oa.org #StandUp2OA
- Keep moving! Daily physical activity lessens joint pain and stiffness. Start low, go slow. Learn more tips to help kickstart your physical activity www.standup2oa.org #StandUp2OA
- #DYK Physical activity is great for managing osteoarthritis and other chronic conditions like heart disease, diabetes, obesity. Learn more: www.standup2oa.org #StandUp2OA
- Movement improves mood and function. Both improve quality of life. #StandUp2OA and walk with a friend today! www.standup2oa.org
Messaging Toolkit: Campaign Toolkit 2018
Download our trifold brochure
On Facebook: Click here to use our StandUp2OA Frame
On Twitter: Click here to use the frame via Twibbon
Follow and tag us in your social media posts
Follow us on twitter @oaactionallianc for more information and updates. Be sure to tag us in your posts about the campaign and use the hashtag #StandUp2OA. If you are not comfortable tweeting on your own, you can use our pre-written messages or you can retweet our tweets.
Follow and like us on Facebook for more information and updates on how you can StandUp2OA. Don’t forget to tag us in your posts about how you #StandUp2OA!
Connect with us on LinkedIn so you can receive both our organizational updates and information about the campaign.
Pin with us on Pinterest and follow our boards.
Connect with us on Instagram @osteoarthritisactionalliance and tag us in your photos showing how YOU #StandUp2OA.